Are you new to sexual activities and looking for resources to learn more about your sexual health? Or, have you been sexually active for a while now, but still feel unsure about some sexual health matters?
See the below links for more information on topics like:
- What is sex?
- How does sexual reproduction work?
- What is sexual pleasure?
- What is contraception? And which contraception is right for me?
- What are sexually transmitted and blood borne infections? And how can I prevent sexually transmitted and blood borne infections?
- How can I explore sex as someone who is a part of the 2SLGBTQIA+ community?
Student Wellness Centre website + Sexual health:
What is sex:
- Sexual Activity – Sex & U (sexandu.ca)
- Sexual Health | Sexual Health Ontario (sexual health Ontario also offers live chat to answer questions)
- General 5 — Native Youth Sexual Health Network (sexual health toolkit covering all of the sub-topics)
- Reproductive Health | Sexual Health Ontario
Sex and Pleasure:
- Birth Control Methods – SHORE Centre
Sexually Transmitted and Blood Borne Infections:
- Brazen – The519 (trans women’s safer sex guide)
- HoT guide for trans and cis men | CATIE – Canada’s source for HIV and hepatitis C information
- Resource Library | Rainbow Health Ontario
- LGBTQIA+ Safer Sex Guide: Pleasure, Preventive Care, Tips (healthline.com)
If you have specific questions about your sexual health, it is best to set up an appointment with a qualified medical professional.
To make an appointment at the Student Wellness Centre, call 905-525-9140, ext.27700.Physical Health, Sexual Health