We provide a range of medical services, including:
- Treatment of minor illness & injury
- Immunizations & screening
- You can retrieve your immunization records from your local Public Health Unit.
- Please bring form if required for academic placement.
- TB skin testing
- Dressing changes & wound care
- Mental health support
- Birth control options
- Screening for sexually transmitted infections
- Smoking cessation support
- Transgender care
Naturopathic medicine uses natural, holistic approaches to treat any condition to help you achieve and maintain optimal health. It is a distinct system of primary care that addresses the root cause of illness or disease, and promotes health and healing using natural therapies. It supports the body’s own healing ability using an integrated approach to disease diagnosis, treatment, and prevention that includes:
- Acupuncture/Asian medicine
- Botanical (herbal) medicine
- Homeopathic medicine
- Lifestyle counselling
- Physical medicine (massage, hydrotherapy, etc.)
- Anxiety, depression, panic disorder
- Colds and flu
- Concentration difficulty, ADD, ADHD
- Digestive problems, gas, bloating, constipation, diarrhea, IBD, IBS
- Erectile dysfunction
- Headaches, migraines
- Irregular periods, heavy bleeding, PMS, PCOS
- Respiratory problems
- Skin conditions
- Sleep difficulties
- Stress management
- Urinary complaints
- Weight management
The naturopathic services at the Student Wellness Centre are available to all students, staff, faculty and administrators of McMaster University.
Partial coverage is available through the MSU Health Plan (80%, up to $300) and many other Extended Health Plans! See your plan for more details.
First appointments for all patients will be 30 minutes at $60.
Subsequent visits can vary in appointment length, depending on the medical concern. The fees will be the following:
10 mins = $20
20 mins = $40
30 mins = $60
40 mins = $80
50 mins = $100
60 mins = $120
To book an appointment with our health care team, please call reception at 905-525-9140 ext. 27700 during COVID-19. We do not book appointments via email.
When booking an appointment with a doctor or nurse, you will be asked about the nature of your visit to ensure that an appropriate amount of time is booked to address your concerns.
Please have the following documents/information read before booking an appointment:
- A valid health card.
- A list of your current medications or picture of the bottle labels.
- If you are being treated for an ongoing medical condition, a copy of any recent health information from your family doctor or specialist.
- Your immunization record (if available). Records can be requested from your local Public Health Unit.
- A list of any allergies.
- Relevant medical records (ie. for chronic conditions).
To learn more about whether you are eligible for these services visit our Contact Us page.
If you are no longer a Student Wellness Centre patient and would like your medical and/or counsellor records transferred to another care provider:
- Download the Release of Medical and Counsellor Records form and the Student Wellness Centre Patient Agreement form.
- Complete both forms electronically or on paper.
- Hand-drawn signatures are required (done electronically or on paper) – we will not accept typed signatures.
- Please contact the Student Wellness Centre if you require assistance completing the forms electronically.
- Submit the forms to the Student Wellness Centre by mail, fax, email, or in-person.
- If you submit the forms via email, please acknowledge this inbox is only checked periodically.
- A Student Wellness Centre physician and/or counsellor will review the written request prior to sending the records, and may contact you if further information is needed.
- A receptionist will contact you once your records are prepared.
- The receptionist will arrange for the pick-up or sending of your records.
- The receptionist will arrange for payment of the $30.00 transfer fee.
- The $30.00 transfer fee may be waived if only a select few documents are requested (e.g. a single laboratory report only, vaccine record only, records from a single specific issue only).
Please note: if you would like your records transferred to a legal professional, the request must come directly from the law office that you are working with.