Booking an Appointment
To book an appointment with our health care team, please call reception at 905-525-9140 ext. 27700 during COVID-19. We do not book appointments via email.
When booking an appointment with a doctor or nurse, you will be asked about the nature of your visit to ensure that an appropriate amount of time is booked to address your concerns.
Please have the following information available when booking an appointment:
- A valid health card.
- A list of your current medications or picture of the bottle labels
- A list of any allergies.
- Relevant medical records (e.g. if you are being treated for an ongoing medical condition, a copy of any health information from your family doctor or specialist).
- If your appointment is for an immunization review or TB skin test, please bring a copy of any available immunization and TB skin test records. Records can be accessed through your local Public Health Unit.
To learn more about whether you are eligible for these services visit our Contact Us page.
*Please complete these forms after you have booked your appointment.*
We provide a range of medical services, including:
- Treatment of minor illness & injury
- Immunizations & screening
- You can retrieve an copy of your immunization record online through Public Health
- Please bring any forms required
- TB skin testing
- Dressing changes & wound care
- Mental health support
- Screening for sexually transmitted infections
- Smoking cessation support
- Transgender and gender-affirming care
- Birth control & pregnancy options
Got questions about gender-affirming health services?
Check out this conversation between Dr. Mary Fletcher, one of the Physicians at the Student Wellness Centre, and Zeinab Khawaja, a Student Wellness Centre Health Promoter, about the different gender-affirming medical and counselling services you can access as a McMaster student.
Information Box Group
Naturopathic medicine uses natural, holistic approaches to treat any condition to help you achieve and maintain optimal health. It is a distinct system of primary care that addresses the root cause of illness or disease, and promotes health and healing using natural therapies. It supports the body’s own healing ability using an integrated approach to disease diagnosis, treatment, and prevention that includes:
- Acupuncture/Asian medicine
- Botanical (herbal) medicine
- Homeopathic medicine
- Lifestyle counselling
- Physical medicine (massage, hydrotherapy, etc.)
- Anxiety, depression, panic disorder
- Colds and flu
- Concentration difficulty, ADD, ADHD
- Digestive problems, gas, bloating, constipation, diarrhea, IBD, IBS
- Erectile dysfunction
- Headaches, migraines
- Irregular periods, heavy bleeding, PMS, PCOS
- Respiratory problems
- Skin conditions
- Sleep difficulties
- Stress management
- Urinary complaints
- Weight management
The naturopathic services at the Student Wellness Centre are available to all students, staff, faculty and administrators of McMaster University.
Partial coverage is available through the MSU Health Plan (80%, up to $300) and many other Extended Health Plans! See your plan for more details.
First appointments for all patients will be 30 minutes at $60.
Subsequent visits can vary in appointment length, depending on the medical concern. The fees will be the following:
10 mins = $20
20 mins = $40
30 mins = $60
40 mins = $80
50 mins = $100
60 mins = $120
Hand-draw signatures are required.
Typed signatures will not be accepted.
Allow up to four weeks for your request to be processed.
The transfer of records is considered an uninsured service.
The patient is responsible for the $30.00 fee incurred for the transfer of an entire medical or counselling record.
The $30.00 fee may be waived if only a select few documents are requested (e.g., a single laboratory report only, vaccine record only, records from a single specific issue only).
Payment can be made by cheque or through Mosaic.
An invoice with payment instructions will be mailed to the patient’s address provided on the Release of Information request form.
If it is requested that records be transferred by email, please acknowledge the risks entailed with exchanging personal information by email, as outlined in the Patient Agreement.
If you would like your records transferred to a legal professional, the request must come directly from the law office that you are working with.