Booking an Appointment
To book an appointment with our health care team, please call reception at 905-525-9140 ext. 27700. We do not book appointments via email.
When booking an appointment with a doctor or nurse, you will be asked about the nature of your visit to ensure that an appropriate amount of time is booked to address your concerns.
Please have the following information available when booking an appointment:
- A valid health card.
- A list of your current medications or picture of the bottle labels
- A list of any allergies.
- Relevant medical records (e.g. if you are being treated for an ongoing medical condition, a copy of any health information from your family doctor or specialist).
- If your appointment is for an immunization review or TB skin test, please bring a copy of any available immunization and TB skin test records. Records can be accessed through your local Public Health Unit.
To learn more about whether you are eligible for these services visit our Contact Us page.
UPDATE: As of June 12, 2023, Medical Masks are no longer required in the clinic unless you are experiencing any of the following symptoms; Fever/Chills, Cough, Trouble Breathing, Decreased/Loss of Smell, Sore Throat, Feeling Tired, Headache, Runny/ Congested Nose, Muscle/Joint Pain, Nausea, Vomiting, or Diarrhea.
*Please complete these forms after you have booked your appointment.*
We provide a range of medical services, including:
- Treatment of minor illness & injury
- Immunizations & screening
- You can retrieve an copy of your immunization record online through Public Health
- Please bring any forms required
- TB skin testing
- Dressing changes & wound care
- Mental health support
- Screening for sexually transmitted infections
- Menstrual Concerns
- Skin Disorders
- Chronic Disease Management
- Smoking cessation support
- Transgender and gender-affirming care
- Birth control & pregnancy options
Please note we do not offer travel medicine. For travel medicine related appointments and vaccines please contact a travel medicine clinic.
Information Box Group
Hand-draw signatures are required.
Typed signatures will not be accepted.
Allow up to four weeks for your request to be processed.
The transfer of records is considered an uninsured service.
The patient is responsible for the $30.00 fee incurred for the transfer of an entire medical or counselling record.
The $30.00 fee may be waived if only a select few documents are requested (e.g., a single laboratory report only, vaccine record only, records from a single specific issue only).
Payment can be made by cheque or through Mosaic.
An invoice with payment instructions will be mailed to the patient’s address provided on the Release of Information request form.
If it is requested that records be transferred by email, please acknowledge the risks entailed with exchanging personal information by email, as outlined in the Patient Agreement.
If you would like your records transferred to a legal professional, the request must come directly from the law office that you are working with.
Wellness Program: Embracing Gender Diversity
This in person drop-in group is for gender-diverse and gender-questioning students to connect with other like-minded students and explore gender identity.