The Canadian Food Guide on Nutrition:
- Make it a habit to eat a variety of healthy foods, like vegetables and fruits, whole grain foods and protein foods. Choose protein foods that come from plants more often.
- Drink water! Staying hydrated allows your body to function and makes sure that you don’t overeat.
- Use food labels. Be aware that food marketing can influence your choices.
- Be mindful of your eating habits. Notice when you are hungry and when you are full.
- Cook more often. Plan what you eat, involve others in planning and preparing meals.
- Enjoy your food. Culture and food traditions can be a part of healthy eating.
- Everyone’s bodies are different. Avoid comparing your diet to others. Eat enough to satisfy yourself.