Did You Know… McMaster Wellness Edition
The National College Health Assessment (NCHA) survey will be sent out to a randomized sample of McMaster students on January 24th. It includes questions on a wide range of topics, including alcohol use, sexual health, and mental health. The data collected from the survey helps to identify the wellness needs of the student population, as well as improve the services offered by the Student Wellness Centre and the university. The data also informs education, programming, and policies at the university.
The NCHA survey is open from January 24th to February 15th. Check your McMaster email, complete the survey, and be entered to win great prizes!
Every survey helps to build a healthier Mac!
- What percentage of students said that they had 0 alcoholic drinks the last time they partied/socialized?
- More than 50% of students said that they usually have less than 3 servings of fruits and vegetables per day.
- What percentage of students said that they always used a condom or other protective barrier (e.g. external condom, internal condom, dam, glove) during vaginal intercourse within the last 30 days (excluding those who haven’t engaged in vaginal intercourse in the last 30 days)?
- What percentage of students said that they felt very lonely in the last 2 weeks?
- Less than 60% of students said that they experienced more than average stress or tremendous stress within the last 12 months.
*The data from this quiz was obtained from McMaster’s 2016 NCHA survey*
Answers: 1.C, 2. A (55%), 3. A, 4. B, 5. B (63%)
By: Alainna Crawford